Books by Jim V. Humble (Author of The Master Mineral Solution of the 3rd Millennium)
Miracle Mineral Solution, aka industrial bleach, is no autism cure, FDA warns
Miracle Mineral Supplement MMS has been sold by the Genesis II Church of Health and Healing as a cure-all to treat conditions and diseases as diverse as autism, cancer, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and malaria. It is, however, basically industrial bleach. MMS is just such a treatment, and I first took note of it nearly nine years ago. Mind bogglingly, MMS is a form of bleach. Never mind that there is no biological plausibility and no evidence, either preclinical or clinical, that MMS can do what its proponents claim it can do. Feeding autistic children bleach or, even worse, subjecting them to bleach enemas, is horrifying—and, yes, this is really a thing. There are quacks out there, in particular Kerri Rivera, who advocates diluting MMS and giving it to autistic children, both orally and in the form of an enema, to treat their autism.
There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
W hen year-old Rhys Morgan was diagnosed with Crohn's disease a few months ago he turned to the internet for help, and came across the Crohn's Disease Forum , a website offering support to patients. He followed the site for a while and noticed a disturbing undercurrent of people trying to push alternative medicines to members. One product in particular was called Miracle Mineral Solution MMS , and its website claimed it cured cancer, Aids, malaria, and basically most things short of actual death. The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration. In other words, MMS is extremely nasty stuff, and the medical advice given is that anyone who has this product should stop using it immediately and throw it away.
It is made by mixing sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as the juices of citrus fruits. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a toxic chemical that in "high oral doses" can cause nausea , vomiting , diarrhea , and life-threatening low blood pressure due to dehydration. Sodium chlorite , the main constituent of MMS, is a toxic chemical   that can cause acute kidney failure  if ingested. MMS is falsely promoted as a cure for HIV , malaria , hepatitis viruses , the H1N1 flu virus , common colds , autism , acne , cancer , and much more. The Guardian described MMS as "extremely nasty stuff, and the medical advice given is that anyone who has this product should stop using it immediately and throw it away.